This has been on my mind and I'd like everyone's thoughts about it.
As we're all aware, Ian Flynn unfortunately has this disturbing mentality to write the characters HIS WAY, even if goes completely against their authentic personality.
Here's a couple of recent examples.
1. Mina Mongoose viciously attacking Nicole with her music, and then angrily lashing out at Sally when confronted about it.
2. Sonic acting like a heartless jackass(even more than he usually does)
3. Geoffrey's backstory being completely rewritten just to make his whole Ixis wizard thing possible.
4. Sally's contrived roboticization/weaponization.
5. Elias cowering out in 224 just so Naugus would become king.
And these are just the icing on the cake of contrived moments.
So my question I'd like to everyone's thoughts on is, why do you think Ian chooses to intentionally warp the characters to fit his stupid stories rather than play to their strengths?
If I had to take a guess... he's secretly a power hungry fanboy.
I'm going to be frank here. I haven't seen one Sonic writer modify so many characters to his liking as this one has, even if the changes make no sense. Just about everyone that he's allowed to change, they've been warped in one way or another, and it's mostly not been for the better either
You know, if a writer has to change that much of past writings to be content, he has serious control issues.
Oh yes, here's another question I'd like to ask now that I just thought about it. Why is it the fans don't seem to care he's shattered past continuity so recklessly? Do they even care about their integrity, or are they just wanting to be entertained?
I'm sadly thinking the latter unfortunately...
So yea, that's my thoughts. What are yours?